Senior Java Developer (Bucharest)
Senior Java Developer – Break out of old routines
If you are a creative Java software developer and you dream of a company where you can spend more time writing new code and less time fighting bureaucratic procedures, then we want to hear from you!
Clean, secure programming is key to keeping our company healthy. Therefore, we are looking for genuine developers, clean code enthusiasts, craftsmen that share our drive. We design architectures that are inherently secure, we are keen on writing quality software and we are not afraid of exploring new technologies or learning new programing languages.
You will contribute to our own SaaS and cloud applications with which we reach millions of end users. Our code is mission critical for many of our high-profile customers.
Our common vision
We are moving towards a new society where every person has a reliable, reusable digital identity. This digital identity can be used to securely exchange information, engage in remote transactions and protect confidential data and devices.
This digital identity will be integrated into your phone, car, IoT devices and will – among other things – enable your fridge to order directly and securely from your grocery store. The emergence of global online trust between persons and organisations is a paradigm shift that will change the role of existing institutions such as banks and governments.
The potential impact of this shift is immense, but vulnerable. We believe that a social enterprise like Connectis should lead the way and ensure a future Internet with many new opportunities while maintaining citizen privacy and avoiding single points of failure. We want you to join us in transforming this vision into reality.
Some of the daily tasks:
- Write software that matters! Be part of the team that will enable cross-border online authentication for European citizens.
- Develop features for our platform and extend our automated testing framework.
- Analyze functional requirements and turn them into real software.
- Review and provide feedback on your peers’ work.
- Share secure programming knowledge with your team.
- Analyze the security properties of our architecture.
- Perform penetration tests on the Connectis software.
- Take part in daily stand-ups and discuss features with the product owner.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of Java development experience
- Affinity with hacking and security matters
- Programming is not just your work, it is your hobby and your passion
- Creative developer that likes to work in a team and has a good learning curve
Nice to have:
- Master’s degree in relevant fields
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Interest in or hands-on experience with Java 8
- Enthusiasm for Functional Programming
- Knowledge of technologies like Hibernate, PostgreSQL, Tomcat, Google Guice, Spring, RESTful Web Services
- Experience with authorization protocols like SAML, XACML, OAuth, SCIM would be a big plus
- Experience with Maven, Ansible, Vagrant, Mercurial, Selenium
- Above market salary, meal tickets card and public transportation reimbursement
- Personal development, creative freedom
- 25 days of vacation yearly
- Nice company trips and social events
- Cool office in the center of Bucharest, near Piata Unirii, with table football and table tennis